- What is Hefty Haulers?
Hefty Haulers is an online marketplace that connects customers who need items moved from point A to point B, need items disposed of, or needs an extra set of hands with background checked Drivers and Helpers who drive Pick-up trucks, Cargo vans, Large SUV’s, and Box trucks who can perform such labor.
- How much does Hefty Haulers cost?
Hefty Haulers prices are determined by the time, distance, details about item and the item count. Once you enter all the info, the app will give you an estimate before you request a Hefty Hauler. Most single item moves average between $30-$50.
- How do I know who my Hefty Hauler is?
When your driver accepts the job and is on the way, His/Her picture, license plate number and telephone number will be available just in case you need to reach them or just to say Hello.
- Is There a cancellation fee?
If the move is cancelled within three minutes of the request, there is no charge. Beyond that, there will be a 25% cancellation fee, so the driver can be compensated for his/her time.
- How do I pay? and Can I tip my Hefty Hauler?
You can pay by major credit card, which is required to request a Hefty Hauler. You may see a pending charge on your statement, but you will not be charged until the job is complete. Tipping is optional, but if your Hefty Hauler has exceeded your expectations and you want to tip, you may do so in cash.
- Is my Hefty Hauler insured?
Yes, your items are covered. Each driver is covered under their own personal insurance policy. If a claim needs to be made, it would be made with the driver’s insurance company. Once the driver’s insurance policy is exhausted, Hefty Haulers has an extensive insurance policy that covers your items if they get broken or damaged.
- What information do I need to provide to request a driver?
All you’ll need is to enter your information such as pick-up and drop-off locations, take a picture of the item you need hauled, include any special details the drivers should know, and you’ll receive an estimate.
- What happens if my item does not fit through the doorway of my home?
If your item does not fit through the doorway or your home, we’ll return the item to the pick-up location or leave the item outside. If you want the item returned to the pick-up location, we will take it to the location for the same original price.
- Does Hefty Haulers disassemble items?
Hefty Haulers does not disassemble or assemble items. If you have items that need to be moved the Hefty Hauler will expect the items to be appropriately packed beforehand.
- What Area does Hefty Haulers service?
We serve the Washington DC Metropolitan area, which includes some of Maryland and Virginia. The App service area cover a 22.5-mile radius from the center of Washington DC.
- What about safety?
All Hefty Haulers undergo extensive criminal and motor vehicle background checks before they can join Hefty Haulers.
- What if I have an issue with a transaction or payment?
If you have any issues, questions or concerns you can contact us at support@HeftyHaulers.com
- Can I ride with my Hefty Hauler?
Hefty Haulers was designed with the idea of moving your items, so currently we do not authorize ridesharing in our system. Any customer that rides with a driver is doing so at his/her own risk.
- Can I help my Hefty Hauler out?
Absolutely, most small items your Hefty Hauler can handle on his/her own with the help of a dolly, but anything requiring two people to lift you can help. If you can’t, don’t worry just order a helper via the app for some extra muscle.
- How do I become a Hefty Hauler?
- What do I do once I have been accepted as a Hefty Hauler?
- How will I be notified of a job?
- Can Drivers have partner ride with them?
- How much and when do I get paid?
- What is expected of me as a Hefty Hauler or a helper?
- How often do I have to work?
- What kind of equipment do I need as a Hefty Hauler?
- What will my job be as a helper?
- Can a customer ride with me in my truck?
- How does the rating system work?